- PDCA Quality Management Systems Process Approach
ISO9001:2008 standard encourages users to implement the
highest level of standards for their quality management
system. The Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle was developed by Walter
Shewhart. W. Edward Deming later provide this system to
the people he worked with over his career. The PDCA concept
which is deployed within the processes of a quality management
system and once applied it provides a continuous improving
process capability. The PDCA cycle is defined below.
- Objectives are established. This process of planning to
a customer's requirement delivers results.
- As you would think from the word "do" it means
to implement the process.
- Processes of monitoring and measuring the achievement
of meeting the objectives. In this process the results show
if the policies and requirements are being achieved.
- Action to improve processes.